Creating a new identity:
To create a new identity:
- View the New Identity dialog box by using one of the following methods:
- On the File menu, point to Identities, and then click Add New Identity.
- In the Type your name box, type a name for the identity.
- If you want to set a password for your identity, click to select the Require a password check box, type a password in the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes, and then click OK.
- Click OK. If you want to switch to the new identity now, click Yes. Otherwise, click No, and then click Close
Set up your new identity.
When you create a new identity, a new entry is created in the registry, and a new folder is created on the hard disk for that identity's message store.
Switching Between Identities
To switch to a different identity when Outlook Express is already running:
- On the File menu, click Switch Identity.
- Click the identity that you want to switch to. If you set a password for the identity, type the password in the Password box.
- Click OK. When you do so, Outlook Express automatically quits and restarts by using the identity you selected.
NOTE: When you switch identities while you are sending and receiving messages, Outlook Express 5.5 may quit unexpectedly.
[ Main Page ]